Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Germany? United Kingdom? New Zealand? Kansas? Yes. We have shipped to dozens of countries and every state in the United States, including APO/FPO addresses. Shipments to Europe, Scandinavia, Asia and Oceania normally take about a week. For some reason it often takes much longer (sometimes a month or so) to reach Italy. Despite many attempts we have never been successful in accepting orders from Nigeria. Please note: for Shipping and Billing addresses, the shopping cart lists "UK" as "Great Britain and Northern Ireland" under "G" - not "U".
Especially for smaller orders (Patches e.g.), the charges are often the same as our domestic shipping charges. If, due to quantity, size or weight, there needs to be a surcharge, we will always ask your permission before adding that to your order.
Nearly of all our shipping is by the United States Postal Service (USPS). Smaller items may go First Class Mail. Most orders ship Priority Mail. Some overseas shipments go via Global Priority Mail. Very large orders may ship United Parcel Service (UPS). If you have a FedEx account number and need us to use that, we can accommodate that as well. If the order requires drop shipping, the shipping method may vary depending on from where the product is being shipped.
If necessary, we can ship via USPS Express Mail. Most domestic shipments only take 2-3 days, but Express Mail can normally make it to you overnight - sometimes 2 days. This all depends on two things:
- When we receive the order. Saturday night orders aren't going out until Monday for example. Orders received late afternoon won't go out until the next day mail is going out - no Sundays or holidays.
- If the product ordered is in stock. If you request Premium Shipping and an item is back ordered, we'll let you know by phone or email and offer you options.
Again depending on the items and quantities ordered, we may be able to arrange overnight shipping from another carrier (UPS or FedEx, e.g.) if the order can be drop shipped from one of our other locations.
If you need to receive your order by a particular date, please indicate that on the checkout page "special instructions". To be really safe, phone us
Yes. Don't worry. If your order is too large to fit in your box, the Post Office will just put a little note in the box for you to pick up your order at the counter during regular hours.
This is not the case if your order needs to be shipped by a carrier other than the United States Postal Service (USPS). Other carriers (UPS, FedEx, DHL, e.g.) require a street address for delivery.
We have thousands of items in stock. Occasionally, we may not have enough of what you need. Some of our suppliers are able to ship directly from their facilities.
Because shipping costs could be different for each Ship To address, you would need to place separate orders, each with their own Ship To address. Any questions, please email us.
Certainly. Simply include it in the special instructions section of the checkout page of your order.
- Log in with the link at the top of every page. If you're already logged in, you can go directly to My Account.
- In the "My Order List" section, click on "View My Order History/Status".
- Your Order Status and Tracking Number (if any) are shown.
- You can also click on your Order Number for more details about your order.
You can also email us. We can tell you when your order was shipped and when you should expect it. For all Priority Mail and Express Mail shipments, we have Delivery Confirmation tracking. Items shipped via a non-USPS carrier (e.g., drop shipments) have additional tracking information available.
With nearly 5,000 products on our website, we simply don't have images for every one of them on our shopping cart. We always try to have a sample image of each type of product available. If you absolutely need to see a particular design, please email us. We'll try to get an image to you as soon as possible. Please be aware that any actual product may vary from its image.
When at all possible, we first buy merchandise made in the United States. Some of our other products may be made in Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Taiwan or other countries. We are always reviewing quality and availability to assure the best value for our customers.
We have thousands of items in stock. Most often, they ship the same day we receive your order. Occasionally, we may not have enough of what you need. Re-stock time may vary from a day to a few weeks, with the average being about a week to re-stock. If we need to back-order any of your products, we will ship them the same day they arrive at our facilities. There's also the possibility of drop shipping, but not all items are "drop shippable".
The 'film' on the back of your patches is the state of the adhesive until heat is applied. [Note: Some patches may have a white paper backing: these require no ironing. Remove the paper before carefully placing the patch exactly where you want it to stay. These can also be ironed on for added security.]
1. Prep the Iron: Set iron to hot/cotton setting. Iron-on patches work best with materials like cotton and polyester but can seriously damage fabrics like nylon, rayon, or rain jacket material. If possible, test the iron on the fabric in an inconspicuous place. Industrial irons are much hotter, check manufacturers' recommendations for heat setting. Use a dry iron – no steam!
2. Position the Patch: It’s important to choose the perfect position for your patch. Skipping this step can result in your hard work going to waste. If you’re centering the patch, use a measuring tape to ensure it’s in the right spot. For sleeves and lapels, consider pinning the patch in place and checking yourself in the mirror to make sure the patch is right side up and in a position you like.
3. Use a Pressing Cloth: To protect both the fabric’s surface and the patch, place a pressing cloth (you can also use a cotton pillowcase) between the patch and the iron. Press the iron downward and hold it in place for 15 to 30 seconds, let cool slightly and check for adherence – repeat if necessary. Be careful not to move the iron around since this can inadvertently shift the position of the patch.
4. Flip and Repeat: Once the patch is affixed to the fabric, turn the item of clothing inside out and lay it flat on your ironing board. Position the pressing cloth over the reverse side of the patch and repeat step three. Once the patch is securely attached to the garment, allow it to cool completely before wearing.
5. Consider Sewing Around the Edges: For a completely secure patch, use a sewing machine or a needle and thread to secure the patch to the fabric. This greatly reduces the chances that the patch will fall off; instead of stitching around the entire patch you can 'tack' down the corners with a single stitch or two to prevent curling due to wash and/or wear.
Don't like it? Send it back to us within 30 days and we'll refund or credit your full purchase price. Sorry, we cannot accept returns of custom-made articles, such as patches, unless defective or damaged in shipping. Some orders, usually depending on the size of the order, may incur a 10-15% re-stocking charge. When in doubt, please contact us. Sorry, no COD's. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
We accept all major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We also accept PayPal. Our account name is Merchant@smALLFLAGs.com. Please also see the FAQs "What is the "Purchase Order" payment option?" and "How can I pay by check or money order?"
Domestic schools, churches or US-based government organizations may place orders with a form signed by someone with budget authority. We will ship the order and invoice them. Terms are normally net 30 and prompt payment is appreciated. Don't worry, if you don't know how purchase orders work, you're probably not authorized to issue one.
Simply send us a note along with your check or money order, telling us what items you'd like and how many of each. Some folks like to print out the Shipment Summary page from the online check-out process. Others just write legibly on an old scrap of paper. Don't forget to include Shipping and Handling charges when totaling your purchase. Then send all this to:
PO Box 2003
Oregon City, OR 97045-0203
Please include a phone number with all orders and recall that we need a Ship-To address.
If you add something to your shopping cart, and then log in at any point of your shopping, even after you've added something, we will automatically save your shopping cart even if you don't complete the order. So, the next time you come back and log in, you'll see the shopping cart as it was when you left off.
However, if you add something to your shopping cart and leave without logging in at some point, your entire shopping cart will be emptied. If you add something to the cart without signing in (to remain anonymous), that's perfectly OK, but the cart will be cleared after about an hour.
In order to add and save items to your shopping cart, it's always best practice to log in.
You can also use your "Wish List" to keep products for ordering later. You can view your Wish List by clicking "My Account" at the top of this page.
Yes. smALL FLAGS utilizes WebJaguar, one of the Internet’s leading providers of secure web-based shopping cart software; and further is hosted by Rackspace, one of the world's leading hosts of Cloud-based websites.